You’d like to start a KidsHub? That’s great! Here’s how to do it.
- Share the vision with other adults and teens. Show them how they could pass on their skills and passion while discipling children in a natural and practical way.
- Plan to run KidsHub in your church, school or community. Meet together as leaders and discuss the options. There are some sessions and suggestions to help you get started with ideas.
- Train together in how to relate a practical skill (e.g. drama or gardening) with the Bible. Try to find enough leaders to have a ratio of 1:8 children. Remember it is not a program; it is space where children can be discipled in a natural way in a small group.
- Run the KidsHubs group. Organise regular leaders meetings to evaluate the groups’ progress and stay accountable to one another.
- Release children to use their talents and passions. Give them opportunity to practice and show what they are doing in the church and community. Children have great capacity to contribute to the work of the Kingdom of God.
- Design your own KidsHubs activities according to the skills and passions of your leaders. Plan new interest groups as a team to get more ideas. (e.g. media, volleyball or chess)
- Multiply the vision of KidsHubs by inviting other people to your KidsHub to show them what is possible with children. They could join your KidsHub or start their own.
We’ve got a handbook to get you started which you can access here.
Ce manuel est également disponible en Français, défilez vers le bas de la page:
(This manual is also available in French – scroll down):
Click on the PDF icon to download the document.
Cliquez sur l’icône PDF pour télécharger le document: